April 3, 2009

The soccer season has started!!!!

Well thats it, the soccer season for 2009 has well and truely started WOOHOO!!! Yep I'm a proud soccer mum and I'm sure thats also due to the fact that I'm a 'pommie'..... I have to say that I'm still a little confused, as I still have that urge sometimes to call it football but if and when I do, I usually get a few people look at me funny and think that I'm talking AFL or NRL dohhhhh


Anyway, my son Oliver had his first match playing for Broadbeach last Saturday against some old rivals Robina!


On the Robina team were some friends of Ollie's and one of them being the son of one of my best friends Paula (JK) and another was Ollie's close school mate but he still performed for his team as goalkeeper so well and I was just so proud of him. Even when it came to a one on one between JK and himself, Ollie put that friendship aside and played for his team causing a bash on the head for JK as Ollie dived for the ball..... It was such a close game and was 0-0 most of the way and then the last 20 minutes the outcome changed and eventually Broadbeach lost the game going down 3-0 to Robina but they held them off so well and the 2nd match against them later in the season will be an interesting one I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment