February 23, 2009

The week that was....14/02/09 - 21/02/09



Hmmmmmm what a week it was.....the joys of being single and a mum! Well to start was the dreaded Valentines day! Yep it's dreaded when you are single and dateless but even saying that, from what I hear from other women that are in relationships, it's not always great for them either. I grabbed another single girlfriend of mine and we hit the town (Broadbeach) and what a fun night we had that ended at 7am Sunday morning!!! Tales of this will feature along the way in my blogg! The rest of Sunday was trying to maintain my status as a wondermum and I think I managed that quite well. Monday morning arrived and it was the usual school and kindy rush and the 'don't forgets' and 'please remembers' and hoping that you have been heard. Once the kids had been dispensed to their various places it was grab a quick coffee and home to catch up on the housework that I hadn't done over the weekend. Tuesday morning arrived and what a day that was going to turn out to be...if I had known I think I would have pushed the 'skip the day' button on my alarm clock before waking! I done the school run and then met with some of the other mums at a coffee shop close by and had a good old gossip (yes we all like doing this) mainly about valentines and what the other halfs did or didn't do hehe. After an hour or so I left to go home and do some good, I was sorting out stuff to send down the victims of the bushfires! I had a productive day doing this and hoped that it would help these families out, even if it's just a little bit. I got to kindy later in the afternoon with all the stuff I had packed up, as this was a local drop off point and collected my little guy. He wasn't happy and I was told that he had a little tumble but they had checked him over and he seemed ok....hey kids are kids and are always in the wars as we know, so took him home for the evening madness. Whilst I was bathing my little one, he still wasn't happy and then thats when I noticed he was holding his shoulders funny and with that the mum instinct kicked in full force. The one where you just know that something isn't quite right. So off down to the A & E department of the local hospital and it was confirmed after the x-rays, that yes he had in fact broken his collarbone!!!!! So that was it, the rest of the week went by in a dazed whizz as my little boy couldn't attend kindy until we go to the fructure clinic next week! Welcome to the stresses of parenthood....but would we change it.....nah not a chance!

1 comment:

  1. Hi sassysinglemum

    CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BLOG! looks great!
    sorry to hear about your lil one! hope he ok?
    following your lovelife adventures....
    xoxo from mompaulak
    http://momfamilychild-help.typepad.com/hanginthere/

    ReplyDelete